Hadley

Hadley

Friday, February 3, 2012

Gavin's 1st Haircut

Last week my hotmail account was hacked, which was a huge pain because I had to reset passwords to anything and everything ... all of which subtracted from the very small amount of time I have to post a blog.

But, all is well for the moment.  Many fun things happening around here!  Gavin got his first haircut last week.  He did awesome.  He just sat there still and silent.  I'm glad we did it then and not this week, as currently he has two painful teeth coming in and a cold.  NOT  a happy camper the last two days.

We have enjoyed some much needed sunshine this though, and Tyler really broke in his new bike. Can't wait for spring when we can go ride Fanno Creek Trail (although now T is so fast that I will pretty much have to put G in the stroller and RUN to keep up).

We are having french doors hung in our front room (flanked by windows and with some architectural detail).  The contractor we are using is amazing.  He is on time every day and his work is exceptional.  They are almost done.  We just wanted to be able to actually use our front room.  In our case, we decided a workout room would get the best usage, but I didn't want gym stuff to be the first thing people saw as they enter our home.  Plus, it's not safe for toddlers.  So, doors were in order.

I knew I would like them but I didn't know I would LOVE them.  They make the room feel very cozy and finished.  In the future, the room could be an office, a den, or still a living room.  They are just turning out beautifully, and I'm excited to post a photo when they are done.

If you ever need a finishing contractor, Nathan is your man!  On a similar note, we are also getting a kitchen desk put in and a butlers pantry.  So many projects, exciting!  I feel like a mini-foreman making calls to coordinate electricians, cabinet makers, painters, the granite people ... I'm glad I don't have to do any of the actual labor but just making sure all of the design aspects are just right and coordinating it all is actually a lot of work ... but I'm having fun in the planning too.

We are working just as much as ever so life is busy, busy, but we are finding family time here and there too.  Here are some pics from the haircut.  What a handsome little man.  ~ Jessica






Pre-Cut Mullet




























1 comment:

  1. What a little man! And so handsome with the new "do". Grandy is on a trip and was missing her favorite munchkins so reading the blog helps fill the gap!

    ReplyDelete

Followers