Hadley

Hadley

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Low-Light Class

On Sunday Hannah and I took a low-light photography class together that we had bought as a groupon.  I had a great time!  It was my very first ever photography class, and the teacher loved that I brought my "Canon T1I for Dummies" book along with me ... yes, I'm proud to be self-taught for dummies, haha.  I never ever ever pretend to be anything other than someone who loves to take pictures of my family, so don't think I'm trying to get all camera fancy :)  But, we really had a great time learning more about low-light photography.  The class was at the Portland Art Museum, so here are some of my shots.  While I would always rather focus on an interesting or artistic subject, my objective here was actually just to have the correct exposure in the various lighting settings.  

 

This one just looked cooler in B&W





The instructor hinted that if you have to take a photo through glass, you may as well try to incorporate the reflection into the photo.  I like the result; I think it looks cool.  


I took several shots of this image at different exposures, and this one is actually under-exposed (correctly exposed for the flourescent lit subject rather than the room) ... but it ended up being the one I liked the most, go figure.   That's what I like about photography ... it's so subjective.  I like it, it's my blog, so this is what you get :)





I love repetition in photos.  This one was really tricky since it's lightbulbs, but I think it turned out cool.



After I got home, Gavin decided not to nap :(.  Oh well, it gave me a MOVING TARGET to practice some of my low-light skills on.  Ugh, toddlers are the hardest things in the world to photograph!!!  At least the art museum shots prove that I do know how to focus a camera :)  Most of these are a teensy bit blurry but G is just too quick!  Thankfully he is cute to me even out of focus.









As shot ... I promise, no editing at all (I was tempted to pop them out even more in with some editing but I wanted you to see how blue they really were, no tricks!) ...  those eyes really did come from this Italian mama.  It still surprises me (and I LOVE THEM).  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers