Hadley

Hadley

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Car Show

On Saturday I took the boys with Marc, Hannah, and Evan to the Sherwood Car Show.  Hannah wanted to take photos of some old trucks for Evan's big boy room decor.  She had a wide lens on so I used my 50mm to get a few more detailed shots in case she wanted to use any of them.  It was not easy to take many pictures because I had both boys with me, but I got a few cool ones.  It was fun to get some practice in constantly changing light situations but of non-moving subjects.  I also had fun delving a little deeper into lightroom (the photo editing program I use).  Typically, I don't go that crazy with editing because I am taking pictures of the boys, so it was fun to have a little more creative freedom.

All in all, it was a great time.  The boys loved the cars (though tough to understand look.but.dont.touch), and I enjoyed capturing some of the beautiful details.  Hannah has inspired me to maybe print some of these for our under-the-stairs playroom which has sort of a car theme going on (aka hundreds of hot wheels cars).

Enjoy!














We had to take a picture of the fuchsia car for Ella! 




















1 comment:

  1. When Grandy was growing up her dad had an antique 1938 Packard in mint condition. The original owner died a right after he bought it and his wife did not drive. It sat in her barn until she died and Papa Lee bought it in a sealed bid estate auction for $25. Then he bought a beater to use for parts....for $500. Go figure. We rode in it in parades and Grandy even got to drive it some when she got older. I am sure Papa Lee was smiling down on you, Tyler, as you "drove" that antique car. PS He eventually sold it for $10,000! Grandy

    ReplyDelete

Followers