Hadley

Hadley

Friday, June 8, 2012

Silly Shoes

I have been so excited to post about Silly Shoes, but I have been bogged down with work and other commitments so I have not had enough free time to do so.  I finally have a free evening.  Sad that my happenin' friday night consists of a blog ... and I'm excited about it.

So ... Tyler's principal Teacher Patty LOVES Pete the Cat.  She has a Pete the Cat doll that the kids can check out for trips.  Tyler took Pete to the beach with his grands.  Tyler and Pete had a great time.    If you have not read a Pete the Cat book, here is a link to the video of the book/song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUubMSfIs-U

Anyhow, inspired by Pete, T's class had Silly Shoe day.  I had Tyler decorate his converse with pipe cleaners and some cheap plastic animal shaped beads from the craft store.  He seriously got into the project.  He spent a good hour making his shoes (good hand-eye coordination practice + color coordination ... it was a great learning activity).  Then of course he had to model his shoes in the back yard.  What a great project.













I did a preset edit on this one just for fun ;)





Here are the photos that Grandma and Granddaddy snapped at the beach.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers