Hadley

Hadley

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crop




I feel like it is so dorky, but I am so excited about our garden veggies!  Here is a quick pic of some little Jordan family Kale and Sugar Snap Peas.  I have a ton of lettuce ready for picking, and the snap peas are really coming in.  I've been using my herbs for a while now.  The tomatoes will be ready before we know it.

There is just something extremely rewarding about growing your own food.  I know that it is clean and it tastes SO flavorful.  The lettuce is pretty bitter, but I think that is how lettuce is actually supposed to taste vs the over-pesticided stuff we typically eat. Move over Laura Ingles Wilder, here come the little Jordans on the prairie, hahaha ;-).

I will say it first here, and I am sure I will repeat it many, many, many times over ... I am no chef.  I never follow recipes.  I know what I like, and I just guess about what foods that I like would be good together.  I throw them together, and there you go ... dinner.

Thankfully, that approach actually works pretty well on our veggie-ful eating plan.  I sort of throw in some olive oil, lots of veggies we like, and some protein (meat, fish, or eggs).  Wa-la, tasty meal.

For lunch the other day, I tossed in:

- Eggplant
- Zucchini
- Kale
- Fresh basil & oregano from the garden
- Garlic
- Red Onion
- Pepper & sea salt




I sauted these with some olive oil and splashed on some balsamic vinegar and then tossed in some chicken sausage.  For Matt and I, threw this combo over lettuce (from our garden!)



For the boys, I added some g-free marinara (just the tiniest amount) and served it over rice pasta.  It was so delicious.  I have realized that I may end up having an obsession with eggplant sauted in balsamic.  OH SO TASTY.

Anyhow, that was the easiest meal, and it was so good.  I actually ate all of the boys' leftovers too because it was so good with the marinara.

There you go ... a paleo and/or g-free meal filled with clean, fresh, healthy foods for your family (in 15 minutes).

:) ~ Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers