Hadley

Hadley

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

But OH those summer nights

I LOVE summer.

I can't get enough of it.  I love fall for the air crispness and the decor (for those of you who know me .. FALL FAIRY, :) yay).  Other than Christmas, I pretty much hate winter.  I like the idea of spring, but the reality of that season in Portland is really just rain, drear, and teasers until the sun finally comes out after July 4.

But summer.  Oh summer!!!  You are warm, you are bright, you are fun.  Having kids has made me love you even more.  We can eat outside, make messes outside, run outside, and so much more.

What has made this summer even better is all of the water!  We joined Club Sport in April and have NEVER LOOKED BACK.  The club is amazing.  The workout classes kick even these P90X 1&2 grads' tooshies.  The childcare is wonderful.  The free valet parking is so convenient.  Most importantly, the amenities make even just a normal trip to the gym make you feel like you are on vacation.  We have used the pool a ton when we have been in town.  I know that this winter is going to be so much more bearable just because we have the club as a refuge from the rain.  I can sweat during a workout and then go in the spa or sauna.  Workout + spa/sauna + kids world = 2 hours a day of mommy being WARM instead of freezing, which I really think will do wonders for a cold soul.

That's a tangent.  Sorry.  I promise I don't get paid for plugging the club; I just seriously love it.  Anyhow, we have done so much swimming this summer that my kids are sprouting gils.  It's what I remember about summer as a kid ... getting in the pool as soon as the sun was starting to warm up the air and staying in until the last ray of light.

This summer, we have swam at the club, at Black Butte Ranch, at Juniper Aquatic Center in Bend, Prineville Reservoir, and in Flathead lake in Montana.  Vacation or home, my kids just adore water, and we have had the very best summer with a pinnacle of cute wet kiddos huddled in towels to the very end of the the days warmth (one more slide PLEASE mommy!).

We took SOOOOOOOOOOooooooo many photos on vacation (and none at the club, which is funny because we were there the most).  Anyhow, we took so many that I only feel like I can post one sect.  Here are some Black Butte pool pics.

Happy end-of-summer!!!

















I'm not a huge fan of aviators, but I really love making fun faces in them :-)  Here's a fun edit-job to play up the photographer.






This was HILARIOUS!!!!!!  Mike's legs + Kayla's upper half = So many laughs!!! We could not get enough!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers