Hadley

Hadley

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Psalm 32:8

When Tyler was three, I started learning the value of teaching him to memorize scripture.  I could go on and on about what an amazing gift this practice has been ... for me!

Of course, it is for him in the long run because it will equip his mind and heart with lifelong truth (the young mind never forgets words planted in it so early on).   But for me, it has helped me to memorize verses too which I had never done before.  It also has been a huge parenting help for me (we use the fruits of the spirit to help Tyler decide if his choices are in line with God's).

If you have ever had the inclination to teach your children verses, please try it!  They learn them so quickly, and they take pride in it.

I decided to teach Gavin his first one now that he is two.  It is the most darling thing.  It's really hard to understand him, but you can sure get the gist of it :).

"I will teach you the way you should go."  Psalm 32:8


Don't think the video works on iPhones ... only computers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers