Hadley

Hadley

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

23rd at Night

I'm so happy that Kelly dragged me out after a long day (after many sequential long days) of work to try something new.  She showed me the ropes in dabbling in a little night photography.  Even though I was tired and hungry, I quickly was captivated by the magic of dragging the shutter out to 30 seconds.  You never know what you are going to get depending on what light sources come along, so there is a mystery behind every shot.  Nerdy fun :).  

Speaking of nerds, we looked like SUCH DORKS out on the hip 23rd Ave nightlife with our tripods (and me in work clothes ... she at least thought ahead to bring a change of clothes).

No matter what, I had fun experimenting for my first time with night photography.  I definitely want to go out again.  As I was driving home I kept seeing really cool future night shots ;-).  Kelly said she did the same.

None of these are amazing, but I learned a lot even in a short time plus I had fun.  ~ Jessica





























2 comments:

  1. Super fun! Love your car lights shots!! I love night photography!

    I've concluded that we need to do a girls night at the beach this year (you, me, Kelly, Mauria, and Kristin if she'd like to join) and just have fun, go out to eat, shoot a bunch of pictures...!!

    You did a great job on the maternity pics too! Lots of creative posing and you did great with the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! What a great way to unwind after a long day (or sequential :) of work.

    ReplyDelete

Followers