Hadley

Hadley

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Watermark

For quite a long while now I have been considering adding a watermark to some of my photos that I post.  I do this as a hobby, yet as I improve a little in my skill it is just smart in this digital age to protect your work.  I love to share my photos and composition ideas.  I have learned SO much from others who have shared their work online (helloooooooo  Pinterest).  In fact, it has been fun to pin a few of my own shots and see them actually get repinned by strangers who like them.

One of my photos has a few dozen repins, and it just made me decide to take the plunge and watermark some photos.  Below is sort of what I had in mind (although I might make it just the tiniest bit larger) … just a really simple signature so that if anyone stumbles across my stuff, they can know that it belongs to someone.

Just to be clear … this is NOT to glorify by own ability.  What I love about photography is that it takes God's beautiful creations and helps our eyes capture even more of the surrounding light (which is the essence of God himself) over a period of time into a condensed form which creates something even more beautiful than what our own naked eye can perceive.

"For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servant's for Jesus' sake.  For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness' has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."  2 Corinthians 4:5-6.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers