Hadley

Hadley

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012, really?

Dear 2012,

Really, this is what you are throwing out?

I may have a bone to pick with you.

Now as an even numbered year, you know that you are already a favorite in my book.  Yes, it's weird, but as a crazy organized person, I just dig even numbered years.  So, I was all about you, 2012.

So far, we are three days in.  Hmmm.  I'm not feeling it.  Can we have a re-do?

When I started this blog, I did promise I would share our life faithfully.  The past few days have been really challenging.  Unfortunately, I can't share the difficult details of the first few days of my New Years, but what I can say is that I am starting this year praying fervently for both friends and patients and the families of both who are needing God's presence more than ever.

I am not a New Years resolution person.  However, after the last few days I've had, it may be time to make a resolution to simply appreciate "normal" as much as I can.

To quote a co-worker's facebook status:

"Go home and hug your kids, simply because you can."

~ Jessica




So far 2012 has had some splinters.

But I'm deciding to focus on how "rough" can be beautiful too.

"Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God."  Luke 3:5-6

And so, Happy New Year 2012.  Here we go.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers