Hadley

Hadley

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

... 5:45 ... get those shoes on.

Matt and I have been doing the p90X2 workout program for 5 weeks now.  I am on Week 6, day 2 of my 15 or 16 week plan.  This program is a little more flexible than regular p90X in that they recommend you take up to 6 weeks in each of the first two phases, which is why it will take me longer than just 90 days.

I am really enjoying it, but it is incredibly challenging.  One barrier is that there really is no good place to do the workouts at the gym.  This means that if I want to workout without literally falling on top of a child, I have to get up at 5 am.  I've been doing it, sometimes even before my 12-hour shifts.  I am not at all tooting my own horn ... hahaha definitely not, in yesterdays workout there were 3 moves I could not even physically do.  "Modify to finish" was the "tip of the day" so I did just that.  

I've now been up for 40 minutes.  2 cups of coffee later, some facebook browsing, email checking, blog surfing ... I guess it's not enough to just get up at 5 am to work out ... one actually has to put on the shoes and start moving.

Today, I almost didn't get up.  But I did.  I was mostly motivated by a new sweater I want to wear, which I can only do if I get my workout done in time to shower before preschool.  Hey whatever works.

So, I've killed 30 extra minutes, but I still have time. 

JESSICA.  SHOES.  NOW.  

Okay, okay. :)  ~ Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers